Join Evinova and help us deliver life changing medicines by supporting our advancements in digital R&D.
Evinova is a health-tech business, accelerating the delivery of better health outcomes by propelling the life sciences sector forward in digital health, from the inside. Through our application of science-based expertise, evidence-led rigour, and human experience-driven insight, our digital solutions are deliberately designed so that everyone can reach better health outcomes together. Evinova is a health-tech business within the AstraZeneca Group.
We are now looking for you who would like to join our Digital Health R&D Design team as a Design Director.
The Digital Health R&D Design team enables better healthcare experiences and outcomes, by designing digital solutions for clinical trials and real-world healthcare. Design is central to our digital health innovation process, from opportunity identification and early-stage idea generation, through detailed design of digital solutions, until adaptation and scale-up within specific clinical trial or healthcare contexts.
As the Design Director, Unify, you will lead the design of our flagship digital platform for patients and professionals participating in clinical trials around the globe. Through this platform you will be helping shape the future of clinical development - to be more inclusive, more sustainable, and a better human experience. In close partnership with the engineering and product leads, you will ensure design quality and accelerate delivery of this sophisticated, multi-sided platform as we expand its capabilities and scale it across our pipeline of studies.
This role reports to our Senior Design Director, Digital Patient Solutions. It is a leadership role with responsibility for the work of the Unify experience design team, but without line-management responsibilities.
This role is based at our Gothenburg, Sweden facility
In this role you will:
* Lead a team of 5-10 experience designers - distributed across multiple locations and squads - from the exploration of new concepts to the detailed design, development, and testing of user stories, features, and components in the product.
* Set the bar for design quality, ensuring the product is usable, accessible, useful, enjoyable, and simplifies the life of its users in the real context of use.
* Ensure design coherence as the product scales by leading work on information architecture, design patterns, and cross-product journeys.
* Represent and advocate for the user, and for the value of design, as a member of the Unify product leadership team.
* Partner closely with our growing content design team to ensure content is an integral part of the design process from beginning to end.
* Support our global design research team to plan and conduct research, synthesise insights, and build experience models such as customer journeys, behavioural archetypes, and service blueprints.
* Contribute to an expansive, interdisciplinary product culture that combines the different perspectives and contributions of our product, technology, data, clinical and scientific teams.
* Participate hands-on in research and design activities with a "leading by doing" approach.
* Extensive product design leadership experience, leading design teams deploying and scaling real-world digital products, and collaborating with product, business, and technology teams.
* Expertise in information architecture and interaction design in complex multi-sided platforms across web and mobile experience.
* Proficiency with modern research, design and prototyping tools and methods, in cross-functional agile product teams.
* Commitment to inclusive design, accessibility, and usability.
* Affinity with AstraZeneca's values, and a passion for crafting digital health solutions that combine the best of design and science.
* Strong leadership, collaboration, and storytelling skills, with the ability to improve outcomes using persuasion and influence.
* Willingness to travel for research, project delivery, and workshops.
We also value
* Experience designing for healthcare and/or digital health.
* Non-linear career paths and diverse life experiences that enrich your perspective.
* Familiarity with clinical trials and the drug development lifecycle
* A second language (and every additional language is a plus!)
Evinova draws on AstraZeneca's deep experience developing novel therapeutics, informed by insights from thousands of patients and clinical researchers. Together, we can accelerate the delivery of life-changing medicines, improve the design and delivery of clinical trials for better patient experiences and outcomes, and think more holistically about patient care before, during, and after treatment. We know that regulators, healthcare professionals, and care teams at clinical trial sites do not want a fragmented approach. They do not want a future where every pharmaceutical company provides its own, different digital solutions. They want solutions that work across the sector, simplify their workload, and benefit patients broadly. By bringing our solutions to the wider healthcare community, we can help build more unified approaches to how we all develop and deploy digital technologies, better serving our teams, physicians, and ultimately patients. Evinova represents a unique opportunity to deliver meaningful outcomes with digital and AI to serve the wider healthcare community and create new standards for the sector. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of health-tech business to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting-edge methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what's next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you! We will go through the applications continuously so please apply as soon as possible. Welcome with your application!