Are you a Research Project Manager driven by making mobility and transportation solutions in our society more sustainable? Do you want to explore new digital mobility solutions for the connected individual, for the connected transportation systems, and at the same time create a safer and more environmentally friendly society? Then RISE has an interesting job for you!
We are looking for an experienced Research Project Manager to join the Mobility and Systems (MoS) unit on Gothenburg, Sweden.
We are looking for a person with a solid background in leading small as well as big and complex research projects, at the same time we would like you to have some documented hands-on research experience yourself.
About the position
As a Research Project Manager at RISE you will be leading, and working with, a range of different research and development projects. Your work will include, among many other things:
- Innovation, proposal and creation of new research topics and fields
- Participation in formulating strategic research goals
- Leading and participating in the creation of Grant applications for projects and initiatives
- Business Development, idea development and creating of proposals and quotes to industrial customers in the mobility and transportation area
- Creating, leading, and maintaining both Swedish and International Consortia and Networks in the Mobility and Transportation area
- Project Management activities such as resource planning, budget planning, project execution, communication, project follow-up and reporting, etc
- Leading and coaching the project team
- And of course, to some extent, conduct actual research yourself
RISE has an in-house developed light-weight project management model (RPM), which we want you to use. It is however important, that you have worked as a project manager before, and that you can propose and implement a tailored and efficient way of working for each individual project.
Who are you?
We are looking for a new colleague who is passionate about Project Management and interested in Mobility & Transportation. You enjoy leading project and people and are always eager to learn new things.
We are looking for a Research Project manager with a relevant academic degree such as MSc, PhD or similar, in a relevant technical area. We will be looking for some, but not necessarily all, of the following competences and experiences:
- Documented Experience in leading research and/or development Projects
- Documented Experience in applying for Research Funding
- Documented Experience from working in the Mobility, Logistics and Transportation sector
- Interested in complex logistic problems and solutions connected to for example transportation of heavy goods, in several different sectors
- Interested in the long-term and strategic aspect of transportation in our society
- Good ability to plan your own work
- Good ability to lead and coach team members
- Good ability to report results in writing and oral presentations
- Experience from leading international research projects, such as EU funded projects, will be a plus
- Experience from Key Account Management will be a plus
Are we a match?
In the Mobility and Systems (MoS) unit we have an even gender balance. We have a long tradition of working with global climate goals. Our projects span from self-driving and remotely controlled vehicles, via heavy industrial transportations, to the wireless charging of electric vehicles; we look at the ways digital innovation can create new solutions for future mobility and transportation services. Our colleagues have backgrounds in Transformation and Logistics areas, Information systems, AI, Business modelling, Organizational theory, Law, Philosophy and much more. We believe in having fun together and we respect our individual differences as they provide ground for creative collaboration and exciting project ideas. We mix individuals with research background and those with long industrial experience. At RISE you will have the opportunity to influence and help design the future of our society!
Welcome with your application
If you have additional questions around this position, you are welcome to contact the group manager for Innovation Orchestration, Eva Liljenberg, at +46 766 21 08 38. Please send in your application by the 20th of August 2021. I am avaliable for questions until w.28 and after w.32.
Our union representatives are Ingemar Petermann, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 010-228 41 22 and Linda Ikatti, Unionen, 010-516 51 61.
Calls from external recruitment companies and salespersons are kindly declined as we rule under the Public Procurement Act (LOU).
In the Mobility and Systems unit, we conduct applied research within the sustainable transport and surrounding domains. In the ongoing transformation towards increased electrification, digitalization and automation, there are many unanswered questions. There is a need for exploration, understanding, and the building of new knowledge regarding complex organizational relations, processes, and technical aspects of systems of systems. As a Research Project Manager at RISE, you will be leading projects consisting of one or several researchers from RISE, and many times also small or large consortia of academia, industry and society – delivering ground-breaking results for the mobility and transportation of tomorrow. We have a stable customer base in the public sector and are actively working with growing our presence in the mobility and transportation businesses.