Ascom is now looking for a highly motivated and experienced Global Product Manager to lead product management and upstream marketing activities for selected products in our Global Portfolio. The Global Product Manager will be responsible for optimizing our product/solutions throughout their entire life cycle, from market analysis and roadmap planning to market launch, sustainment, and phase out of products.
The primary focus of this role will be on our handsets in the IP-DECT, VoWifi, and Paging portfolio, as well as the associated accessories. You belong to a team with colleagues on multiple locations and report to the Head of Global Portfolio & Product Management based in Gothenburg.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Performance: Meet product performance targets provided by sales organizations (Regions, OEMs, Partners, etc.
Modernization: Drive modernization of the mobility portfolio through evolution paths for existing customers, identification of new customers and opportunities, and exploration of new areas for interoperability. Develop and execute long-term strategy and mid/short-term plans to support global portfolio competitiveness.
Product Management: Consolidate a diverse portfolio and establish and maintain market knowledge within the team. Collect and analyze input from regional product management, solution team members, OEM partners, end-user customers, and Senior Leadership team. Drive, define, and maintain the product roadmap for the defined product portfolio based on market requirements.
Product Development: Support key customer opportunities throughout the product life cycle. Responsible for creation of Requirement Specifications and Business justifications for new products. Develop marketing requirements that reflect the way the end user will be interacting with and using the solution. Manage commercialization and launch activities for new product introductions. Coordinate and work closely with other Product Managers to create overall solutions supporting a “One Ascom” approach towards the market.
Product Maintenance: Manage the product life cycle and support the maintenance requirements for products within their defined product area. Determine the content and priorities of the product backlog. Maintain a thorough understanding of the market, competitive environment, and technological developments relevant to the defined product portfolio. Set recommended end user prices for the product portfolio based on competitive and market data.
Communication: Build and establish strong method of communications with all stakeholders. Align product roadmap with segment manager to ensure a cohesive product offering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Marketing, Technology, Business Management, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in product marketing, product management, and/or portfolio management
- Solid technical understanding of Ascom’s and industry-relevant product and solutions (e.g. healthcare IT, mobile communications, software)
- Strong experience in marketing activities for complex business-to-business products and applications; and in creating sales tools to support regional sales, partners, and OEM channels.
- Excellent overall knowledge and understanding of the segment/use cases the specific product is targeting. (e.g., mobility solutions in; clinical workflows, OEM business or Enterprise segment)
- Working experience in the IT, telecommunication, or healthcare sector
- Proven track record of successfully collaborating across teams and geographies in an international environment
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent business development and product management skills and knowledge
- Strong ability to translate market development and customer needs into requirements for products and solutions
- Strong capability to develop business cases and provide business justification and value argumentation of proposed solutions with targeted projections
- General knowledge of relevant regulatory processes and requirements (such as medical devices, FDA & MDR)
- Excellent planning, organizing, and implementation skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, especially persuasion and influencing, motivating and leading others
- You have a strategic mindset, capable of connected thinking. Independent, solution-oriented and analytical
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written; knowledge of German, French or Swedish would be a plus
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects.
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
Questions and application
If you are interested in the role, please apply with a CV in English using the link attached latest 2023-02-19. Welcome with your application!
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities. In Gothenburg we have both our local teams and a few global functions. www.ascom.com (http://www.ascom.com/)