About this role
We are now looking for a highly skilled passionate front-end developer to join us in developing our advanced video analytics solutions. Your work will cover web-based user interface development for all aspects of many different smaller projects. Our main product includes state-of-the-art video analytics, real-time and forensic AI, and a complete system to manage everything across tens of thousands of cameras. You will work on highly innovative forward-looking projects.
You will be part of the super-agile Growth team within Irisity. More or less a startup within an established leader in the video analytics space of the security industry. The R&D part of the team consists of you as the sole frontend developer, a very experienced backend engineer, and a computer vision and AI algorithm expert. The rest of the team is also experienced and focuses primarily on business development, growth strategy, innovation, and user and customer experience.
We strongly believe in, and our company culture is based on, freedom and responsibility. For us, that means you will be given extensive freedom to make strategic technical decisions while meeting our high standards and making decisions in a responsible way. You will be located at our headquarters in buzzing Lindholmen, Gothenburg where we are a welcoming and highly engaged team with a lot of positive energy and a strong sense of community.
Who we think you are
To be successful in this role, we believe you bring extensive experience in developing the front-end parts of complex web applications from the ground up. You likely have great insight into how a complete web stack application works, including the interplay with back-end parts, APIs, and databases. You feel at home working closely with other experts in other fields in an international setting, making sure that our user interfaces match the expectations of our customers.
As personal qualities, we value creativity and assertiveness, along with a friendly and collaborative tone and open-mindedness.
As a global company, we value diverse, inclusive teams that can contribute to our team's success through their unique perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds.
- At least 5 years of experience in front-end development of complex web applications using a modern tech stack
- Sees CI/CD and test automation as a given for any successful software project
- Used to delivering early and often at a rapid pace in an agile team
- Innovative and self-motivated
- A true expert in React, Angular, or similar with an opinionated view on how things should be set up. Is WebPack or Vite the right choice? Or maybe BEM is what matters?
- A strong desire to collaborate with others and to contribute to team success
- Excellent communication and organization skills and great personal initiative and drive, with an ability to understand the requirements of different stakeholders and make things happen
- Proficiency in English. Swedish is a plus but not a requirement.
- MSc or BSc in software engineering, web design, or other relevant education and relevant experience
Nice to have
- Back-end development or other related software development work is strongly meriting
- Experience working in the data visualization of big data, or other business intelligence systems
At Irisity, we develop video analytics software for the security industry with great respect for personal integrity and privacy, focusing on detecting suspicious activity rather than exposing personal identity. Our system excels at the automatic detection of unwanted activity, such as intruders at construction sites at night, or people climbing roofs or breaking windows. We focus on detecting and preventing criminal activity and never do things like registering the identity and whereabouts of regular citizens. At sensitive installations such as schools, our system even white-masks all individuals to hide their identity, to make sure that the invasion of privacy is kept at a zero level. This way, our system can detect what happens and alert, leading to reduced crime rates and increased safety without any negative effects on personal integrity.
Irisity AB (publ) is a public company listed at OMX Nasdaq First North, with headquarters in Gothenburg. We currently employ a staff of 90+ people in development, sales, support, and finance. Our R&D department consists of a computer vision / machine learning team with a high number of PhDs, together with an excellent group of system architects, designers, and software developers. Our software is packaged into a complete cloud-based SaaS platform marketed towards large global customers and with thousands of cameras connected.
Read more at?www.irisity.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application. We highly encourage you to apply even if you don’t fulfill all the listed requirements but think you would fit into the role. Selection and interviews will be performed continuously.