Do you want to be a part of making Stena Line a leader in sustainability? Are you a communicative expert with a great ability to organize and achieve goals? Then you might be the person we are looking for! Sustainability is top-of-mind for Stena Line and we have high ambitions to be a leader within the field - this is where your experience and expertise will come in handy.
As a Sustainability Specialist, you will become a part of a small team who’s responsible for the strategy and overall sustainability agendas at Stena Line. You will be a part of driving the change and supporting the organization where your contribution will be vital as we want you to challenge habits and thoughts, support both functions and projects and initiate and drive change.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Support the company’s Sustainability targets through sustainability initiatives that are evaluated and prioritized according to impact, cost/benefit, and visibility.
- Support the organization in sustainability facts and understanding.
- Create an understanding of alternatives, priorities, and long-term consequences among management and stakeholders.
- Uphold a ISO14001 certification, audit, and develop the system and its processes.
- Maintain knowledge of, evaluate and support the implementation of relevant environmental regulation and reporting needs.
- Ensure policies, systems, and processes support the targets and initiate improvement.
- Assist the organization regarding environmental issues, rules, and permits.
- Maintain communication and represent the company to external stakeholders.
- Develop training material and manage communication events and training.
What you will experience
Stena Line exists to be a trusted link between people, places, and societies. We play a vital role in keeping everything connected. We make sure people and goods arrive where they need to be, enabling business to thrive and societies to grow. We connect family and friends and make it possible to explore new destinations or revisit favorite places.
You will join our sustainability department and report directly to our Head of Sustainability. We work very close together but also in collaboration with other in-house departments and stakeholders. No two days are alike, each day can bring new challenges and opportunities which means you can expect your days and assignments to vary.
Stena Line wants to continue to be a safe, flexible, and attractive employer and have now introduced a flexible workplace for our office employees. We believe a hybrid solution between the office and working remote will create the best environment for us to be creative, and productive and find a work-life balance creating magic today and tomorrow.
Who you are
At Stena Line, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. You have a few years of experience working in sustainability, which makes you confident in your role; We are a big, often complex organization and sometimes you must be able to find your own ways. As a person, you need to have the ability to see the bigger picture, be organized, independent, and take full responsibility for your own work. You have a strong business acumen combined with high integrity.
We also believe you have great communicative skills with an open, positive attitude. You are a natural team player who enjoys exploring synergies with others but can also efficiently work independently.
- Minimum 3 years university degree in engineering, science, or economics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sustainability roles
- Experience from working with ISO 14001 system
- Knowledge of sustainability legislation and standards
- Fluent in English and Swedish
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Gothenburg within our Sustainability department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your CV in English as soon as possible but no later than August 21, 2022. We are having an ongoing selection, so do not wait with your application. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service. We have collective bargaining agreements with Unionen, among others, who you can contact for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Maria Tornvall, Head of Sustainability at firstname.lastname@example.org or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Hanna Gustavsson, Talent Acquisition Partner, email@example.com.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As a leader in sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 5,100 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.