About Heart Aerospace
Heart’s mission is to create the fastest, most affordable and sustainable mode of transport for regional travel. Our goal is to serve the market in every corner of the world.
Our first aircraft is the ES-19, a nineteen-passenger airliner with an operating range of 400 km. The ES-19 is a fully electric aircraft, and our goal is to have the aircraft certified for commercial operation by 2026.
Your place of work will be at our main office and hangar facility, located at Säve Airport, in Gothenburg or at our office in Stockholm. Relocation assistance can be provided. At Heart you’ll be working at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. We offer stock options to all our employees and a challenging and inspiring work environment.
We seek experienced and skilled professionals to join our small, fast moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team.
Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together.
We are searching for an experienced Chief Financial Officer with the objective to build a scalable finance function and act as a strategic partner for the CEO in fundraising. The CFO will have a significant impact on company operations, helping the company to analyze, strategize, and grow our financial position. The CFO will be a seasoned strategist with clear communication skills who understands performance management systems, capital intensive industrial controlling, capital allocation, and has proven experience raising capital and working in fast-moving companies. This role reports to the CEO and will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
The Chief Financial Officer will build up and develop the finance function, ensuring all aspects are best-in-class, and will be the primary architect of the systems and processes that will be the foundation of future growth. You will bring credibility, insight and financial fluency to interactions with internal and external constituents including potential investors and banks. Translating complexity into simplicity is critical, particularly for all external parties.
- Financial oversight and performance management, including capital raising, budgeting, cash flow, accounting, insurance, tax and financial reporting, helping to drive Heart’s financial strategy and hiring needs.
- Work with senior leadership to refine Heart’s value proposition to investors by developing detailed financial models. Research revenue and other capital raising opportunities.
- Coordinate the development of the annual operating, capital, program and grant budgets. Monitor performance with tracking, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting for the management team and board.
- Perform risk management, ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization.
- Lead the development and use of best-practice policies, practices, and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization with strong fiscal management, project management, cross team communications and workflow.
- Ensure Heart is compliant with all applicable financial laws, regulations and accounting standards, monitoring and enforcing compliance.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Full A-to-Z CFO tool-box developed within corporate-, banking-and/or a Big-4 accounting environments. Proven experience in building, scaling, and developing a full-fledged finance team.
- International Capital Markets experience. Ideally, familiarity with fundraising and debt financing as well as investor relations. Ability to operate in Board settings as well as external stakeholders.
- Experience from a highly international environment. Exposure to US funding and US registered entities and accounting policies are preferred.
- Worked in a rapidly growing environment, preferably in a manufacturing/industrial or capital-intensive environment.
- Highly business oriented and a strategic thinker.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Eagerness to work with others.
- Passion for aircraft and Heart’s mission.
At Heart Aerospace, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose. We are growing and there will be plenty of opportunities for development and taking on other responsibilities.
Heart is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working at Heart Aerospace is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world more accessible and sustainable.